12.25.2008

Silent night, Holy night.

Merry Christmas Eve. (I wrote this on Christmas Eve on Mountain time fyi)

Tonight we (the fam and some dear friends) went to the evening service and I was reminded why I absolutely love this time of the year. I know every church does the candlelight moment but tonight it felt so holy, so beautiful, that I literally got goosebumps. It was amazing to me how much my life has changed since the last time I stepped foot into that church and took communion four weeks ago. You see friends, last time I was there, my heart was breaking with uncertainty, vulnerability, and humbleness. I didn't know what my future was going to hold and I had accepted that He was enough. Yet, here I am, weeks later, with the most incredible job opportunity. Literally a week ago I got a call from a friend about a nanny position. Within three days I found out about it, interviewed and got the job. THREE DAYS. It's above and beyond what I could have wished for. Everyone I've told about this job is freaking out. Out of sensitivity to the family, I'm not going to share their name or really any details except that it's going to be amazing. God worked out the smallest details - I seriously don't know how I could have gotten a better job. While my heart is still breaking to leave Chris, Steph, the girls, and all our artists, I know that this is right. There is no question in my mind that the Lord's fingerprints are all over this. I am blessed. Blessed blessed blessed. I have so much to be thankful for this Christmas - aside from this amazing job. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to wake up and it's going to be a dream. The only thing that has me a tad uncertain is the fact that I'm going to be staying in Nashville, albeit moving to Franklin. I really thought my time in Nashville was coming to a close, but I guess the Lord has other plans for me :)

On another note, I'm home in Colorado for about a week with the fam. Unfortunately my body isn't cooperating and I came down with a cold/virus of sorts. I had been fighting it the last week or so in Nash but was literally going at 100mph so I think my body was just waiting until I calmed down for a few days. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and stuffy head. Ended up going to bed at 8:30 last night and sleeping until 10:30 this morning! 14 hours of sleep!! I desperately needed it. Lots of Emergen-C and Zicam. Crossing my fingers for a better day tomorrow. Dad, Mike and I are going to try and head up the mountains to get a day of skiing in! Let's hope my little cold goes away for that.

For now it's time for me to head to bed. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Remember those who have lost loved ones, are going through a hard time or just need to be prayed for this holiday season.

Sleep in heavenly peace.

No comments: