3.27.2008

Spring Break.

Those two words are glorious. Unfortunately, they will be coming to an end for me all too quickly. I've been in Arizona since last Friday and have gotten to eat amazing food (mostly Mexican), see movies, lay out by the pool, and enjoy the weight of nothing on my mind. I can't even begin to share how much this was needed. It was quite an adventure getting here though-- I got to the airport in Nashville at 8:30am on Thursday, about an hour and 45 minutes before my flight was supposed to leave. I wanted to leave plenty of time in case the airport was busy. I checked in, was informed my plane was slightly delayed, walked right through security and put my stuff down at the gate. Come to find out my flight is two hours delayed because of a plane in NY. I panic a little bit because I realize I'll miss my connection in Dallas. I wait in line and calmly tell the man behind the counter my situation. He says he had already re-booked me on the 5:30 flight to Colorado Springs so I'll have about a 2-3 hour wait in Dallas. He assures me I'll make the flight and get out of Dallas that evening. Make it to Dallas without incident. I check in with the gate attendant, check the flight status on the monitor and head to my gate. After realizing I had plenty of time I grab some lunch and coffee and sit down to wait. At 4:15 they announce the flight to Colorado Springs wont be leaving until at least 7pm now. At this point I start to lose it. I go up to the counter and tensely tell the woman I have to get to CO that night because I'm supposed to leave the next morning for Arizona. She apologizes and says that we actually most likely won't leave until 8pm. I walk away muttering swear words under my breath and call my parents. I check my phone for the time and realize I should have been in Colorado Springs by now had all gone according to plan. As I talk to my parents, I feel three hot tears slip down my cheek and my throat feel clogged. I don't want to break down in the middle of the airport but I was so frazzled that I could barely keep my composure. Eventually my mom encouraged me to go grab some dinner and a drink, relax and try to make the best out of the situation. Thankfully I found a TV that had the Belmont/Duke game so I chalked it up to a learning experience. I eventually DID make it to Colorado Springs, at 10:30pm. 15 hours after I got to the airport in Nashville I made it to Colorado. I probably could have driven faster, or at least gotten dang close to home by then. Came home, fell into bed and left the next morning to drive 12 hours in the car. In the span of twenty four hours I was in 3 time zones and 5 states. It was quite a day.

All of that not to complain but to show how much I needed to decompress from travel and school. I'm beginning to wonder if this is what normal people feel like? How much more I enjoy life when they don't have the weight of school on me? I love my job so that doesn't stress me out but school... school DEFINITELY does.


Lost a friend this weekend. He was young, mid-fifties. He was the landlord for our office building. Chris was much much closer to him than I was. So weird that he is gone. Thankfully he loved Jesus. Still-so weird.

Lots of time with family, immediate, extended (including a trip to my grandpa's grave) and step-family. Most good, some stressful. It makes me wonder how graduation will go with everyone in MY element. I have enjoyed the time to just be. This past Christmas and now this Easter break have allowed me the most restful vacations I've had in a long time. I'm not eager to return to Nashville.


I don't have much to say- just wanted to catch you up on life. Does anyone even read this?

:)

1 comment:

markymark said...

i will now, i didn't even know you had a blog