4.20.2009

Thriving in the impossible.

When we fix our eyes on Jesus, it's alot easier to trust. Our problem is that we inherently look at the storm around us. Peter is a great example of this. He got out of the boat and started to walk on water. WALK ON WATER! His problem wasn't that he was WALKING ON WATER it was that he took his eyes off Jesus and started looking at the storm around him. He was so focused on his momentary troubles that he couldn't see the miracle the Lord was working in him at that very moment. I think I've blogged about this in the past but lately I've been really digging through Scripture and finding the theme of God thriving in impossible situations. He doesn't just provide, He THRIVES. Something I read tonight in Romans really connected with me.

Romans 4:18-22

"Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, " So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead - since he was about a hundred years old - and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had the power to do what He has promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."

And God came through!! He became the father of all the nations. How's that for a fulfillment of God's promises? I keep finding stories like this where when it seemed all hope was lost, God came through in a big big way. I've seen that happen in my own life. A situation that I had thought was completely hopeless, that would never be resolved, and impossible to reconcile, and yet last night, the healing process began. Better than I ever hoped. I mean look at the foundation of Christianity. We were HOPELESS. We could have no fellowship with God because of our sin and yet while we were still sinful, Christ freaking died for us!! I guess I'm just overwhelmed tonight by this. Right now so many things in my life look impossible. Jobs, finances, dreams, etc. I have no idea how they can ever work out because I can only see the little tiny spot in front of me. That spot is cloudy and messy but I keep seeing His faithfulness because He loves us. Oh how He loves.


He is jealous for me
loves like a hurricane
I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
All of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions
eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are
and how great Your affections are for me.

Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
How He loves us so.


He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves


He is our portion and
He is our prize
Drawn to redemption
by the grace in His eyes
if His grace is an ocean
we're all sinking.

And heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
when I think about the way that He loves us.

Oh, how He loves us.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I just wanted to tell you how blessed I am by reading your blogs. You are so real and it is very refreshing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Plus...Memphis is too far away so I have to resort to internet stalking=)